Electronic Cigarette Study
Another positive E Cigarette study has come out of Greece this year, showing a whopping 6.1 million Europeans quitting smoking with the use of Electronic Cigarettes.
Scientist from the University of Patras - Greece, Onassis CardaicSurgery Centre, Greece and the French National research Institute for Health and Medical research conducted a study in all 28 states of the European Union using and analysing the data from the 2014 Eurobarometer on smoking and e-cigarettes.
According to the study findings:
- 48.5 Million Europeans have tried and E Cigarette
- 7.5 Million currently use E Cigarettes
Among E Cigarette Users:
- 35.1% have quit smoking
- 32.2% have reduced their smoking consumption
This data shows that the use of Electronic Cigarette seem to be having a positive impact on public health for two main reasons:
- High smoking cessation and reduction rates are observant in the data
- Electronic Cigarette is largely confined to smokers with minimal use by non-smokers
There has been a lot of controversy over the use of Electronic Cigarettes by non-smokers even claims that E Cigarettes are a "gateway" to smoking but research appears reassuring with the study showing:
- 1.3% of non-smokers reported currently using an E Cigarette containing Nicotine
- 0.09% of non-smokers reporting daily use of an E Cigarette
Practically stating, there is no current / regular use of E Cigarette containing nicotine among non-smokers, so the concern that Electronic Cigarette can be a "gateway" to smoking is largely rejected by the finding in this research.
If you enjoyed this blog please check out some of your other blogs Here to learn more and E Cigarette and Vaping.
Check out the full media report for this study Here.
Check out the full study report Here.
As always if you have any question the team here at Puff Vaping are always on hand! Just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our very best to help you find the information you are looking for, don't forget to sign up below for Puff's Mail for updates on discounts, products and blogs.